Saturday, March 3, 2018

Photograph of the Week


Bear Skull

When I took this last March, I was trolling my inner Georgia O'Keeffe.  We have quite a collection of skulls, antlers and such around here collected from the Fox Chapel Area and from Potter County, PA which I use as muses.  I have been thinking about Georgia as I read "Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay."  In addition to Edna, Georgia and Alfred Stieglitz were busy making their marks on the art world during the 1920's.  As a matter of fact, so was my grandfather's cousin, Witter Bynner.  I have found out while reading this tome that Witter actually asked Edna to marry him.  He did, however, withdraw the proposal.  I will discuss the wonderful time I spent on Edna's island in Casco Bay during another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment