Thursday, March 11, 2010

Image of the Day

Buds

Receding Tide

Yesterday I walked several of Aspinwall's alleys on our fifth sunny day in a row here in Pittsburgh. Quite a few signs of spring popped out to be photographed - snow drops, crocuses, bulb shoots and tree buds. Residue of winter remained with snow piles, puddles, detritus and lost personal items. I had quite a few conversations with the residents as I passed through. More pictures from my walk can be seen in the flickr photostream.
Today I turned 56 years old. In honor of this milestone, tomorrow I will start a new series both on the blog and in the flickr photostream. Black and white photography has always been a passion. Although I am borrowing the idea from others, I plan to post a black & white photograph every day for the next 56 days. Some of them may be familiar to friends and family as I will be posting old favs as well as new finds. This daily posting will be in addition to any other posting that I make, but will culminate in a 56 image set on flickr entitled "Black and White at 56". I hope you will enjoy them. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment