Friday, March 5, 2010

Image of the Day

Blue Door

Last November I took a workshop for phone camera use. It was very enlightening. I love the immediacy and informality of taking pictures with my phone. I have a very basic phone - there is no "i" about it and it has no apps. I was intrigued to buy the micro SD to save the pictures on since it had a bigger capacity than my digital camera SD did then. After the class, we headed out to the streets of the South Side.
I have photographed the South Side on numerous occasions; actually the same doors and sidewalks we walked that day. What was different on this day was the new medium and the surprising quality available with it. I printed the pictures and exhibited them at The Garfield Artworks in January - nothing formal, quickly printed 5x7's thumbtacked to the walls to accompany the framed black and white photographs hung for the show.
The rest of the phone camera exhibit can be viewed in the flickr photostream.

No comments:

Post a Comment